Subject: [Leica] VF sizes
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 01:15:24 -0500

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Sue Pearce <bs.pearce at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, the D3 has a good but not great VF, but...
>>
>> There's no reason that the contents of the M9 couldn't fit into the space
>> of the OM's. Even if slightly expanded, it would be sublime!
>>

> I dunno Bill, a buncha peeps griped when the M8 was a couple Millimeters
> bigger than the M7.   ;-)

I think of a Leica M and a Olympus OM1 as being about the same size and
weight. Aren't they?
As a matter of fact I've always thought of an  Olympus OM1  as a Leica SLR.
More so than the R's. And as much as an SL if not more so. Though the glass
is very ok and not superb in most cases like a Leica.
Both classics the M's and the OM's.
I do find all the M's too big though. And true Leica's being the screw
mounts.  LTM's. Size wise. Though an OM1 is going going to go into your
jeans pocket either.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner