Subject: [Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:04:17 +0000

Hi Rabs,
speaking as somebody who owns and has used both M8 and M9 I can assure you
that both have been equally reliable and, unless one needs to be able to
crop, or need the ultra wide angle, there is little if any reason to choose
a M9 over a M8.
I know you have had a MASSIVE downer on the M8 since almost day one, but I
can assure you it is quite unjustified.
You should try one, it seems your lovely lenses are going to waste simply
because of an irrational hangup.
You wouldn't regret it!
Frank