Subject: [Leica] backup backup backup
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:01:56 -0600

Certainly ranks up there with other potential "worst" nightmares.
I've had it happen twice.

The first occurrence, a very long time ago, I accepted the loss and
rebuilt the client files as needed. This stretched the financial loss
pain over many months in the form of labor without pay. Professional
photography, at the time, was primarily film and drum scans provided
on CD's or other removable media in the files.

The second occurrence, a year or two ago, with a vast collection of
digital photo, video and design files to retrieve of lose forever; I
had to bite the bullet and spend $1,600 for "clean room" recovery
service. Very painful.

Anyone out there who thinks this won't happen to them - think again -
it will happen;
the only question is: when?

Good luck Leo, I feel your pain; and hope you can retrieve all you need.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com