Subject: [Leica] Ooops
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:20:05 -0500

> It's wonderful that you have chosen to live your life in your own way;
> and that you're content with your decision to hold your Leica M glass
> in storage, Mark.
>
> Other's have chosen to live in a "we" state;
> which includes life partners, children and grandchildren,
> home mortgages; in other words ? larger households.
>
> I doubt that I am alone in saying that over 5 decades
> my various families have, at times, sacrificed on behalf of both my
> art and business.
> At other times they have benefited from that same art and business.
> Sometimes, "I" have to sacrifice for "them."
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george at imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>
> On Mar 12, 2010, at 12:59 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> I could sell one of my 90's and spend some a month or so able to go to
>> sidewalk caf?'s which I have to most the time walk by but you know
>> what? I'm
>> just going to wait in it. I've not had to deal with hunger and I'm
>> very
>> aware on how much that means. I own some very nice Leica gear to
>> me  at this
>> point that Leica gear is not money in the bank. That's my Leica gear.
>> I could sell chair I'm sitting on now my laptop my IKEA bed. I'm
>> happy I'm
>> not being put in that position.

Watching the ridiculous consumption and frivolous buying and selling-
trading on the lug over the decade I'm glad these people now have a moral
imperative.  They now represent family values - I am the lone deviant.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Ooops)
Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Ooops)