Subject: [Leica] Paging Tina Manley - LUF book
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 00:23:44 +0000

Steve, glad to.

When a few of us proposed to create a book of photographs from the members
of the Leica user forum it was decided quite early on that it would be a
good idea to try and use the project as a way of raising some money for a
charity. The charity we chose was a cancer charity AICR. AICR are an
international charity and as such we felt that it was a good match for the
international nature of the forum.

Everyone who submitted a photograph - up to a maximum of 3 photographs - had
to make a 10 GBP donation to the charity for each photograph. Over 500
photographs were submitted and 7,250 GBP were raised. Quite a few people
actually submitted more than the 10 GBP required, and several people donated
without submitting a photograph.

You can see a breakdown of who submitted what here...

<http://www.justgiving.com/L-Camera-Forum-Book>

Every copy of the book will also raise 5 GBP for the same charity.

Leica are involved in the sense that the CEO will be writing a foreword for
the book, we are currently working on increasing Leica's involvement in the
project, and when I have more news about this I'll let everyone know.

Hope that's all of interest.

Steve