Subject: [Leica] Be's Soccer Game
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 05:11:20 -0500

> Mark the point is that by shooting Raw the WB is not set. Whatever
> selection
> that is made in the camera,  It is just noted in the data that accompanies
> the file. That data has absolutley NO effect on the actual image except the
> choice of default conversion dependant on your convertor configuration,
> just
> as colour space is not set either (but may commonly default to your
> camera's
> native colour space I think). You really need to think differently with
> Raw.
> If you are capturing via other than Raw then of course it is completely
> valid to get these things just right (and I'm sure that experienced pros
> get
> good at it (I'm not one)..
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Yep I don't know why my post came across as me not knowing that.
The only effect is if you set it right at the scene with raw  you're color
will come up right right at the beginning as they pop up on your computer
screen and you'd not have to tweak it at that point. Sometimes you'd might
want that. Also if you had your color right at the shoot you know it looks
like what you are shooting and that it matches what you're shooting.
Tweaking it later you're relying on memory.
This is why paint in a tube was a great innovation which make for
impressionism.  Painting was done in the scene instead of just drawing and
painting back at the studio. Better color.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner