Subject: [Leica] Be's soccer game
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:41:16 -0500

> JOhn Mason wrote:
>
> http://cartersxrd.net/Site/Today/Entries/2010/3/12_Beths_Soccer_Team_Makes_it_
> Two_Straight.html
>>
> http://tinyurl.com/yb6px53
>
> Great to see what can be done with a rangefinder.  Reminds me of sports
> photography from before telephoto lenses became the standard for this sort
> of thing.
> =======================================
>
> I was thinking the same, John (and Ric).  Kind of ideal in some ways.  The
> 90 becomes a 120 on the M8 and the framelines let you see what's going on
> around the subject.  And because there's no mirror you can actually see the
> moment of exposure.  What more could you want?  Assuming you don't need a
> really long lens.
>
> Of course I've never even seen an M8, let alone looked through one.  I
> guess
> it's kind of like using the 135mm frame on the M6, no?  OK, that's not so
> great. ;-)

Wow whatever low pressure sodium wavelgihts were in those shots you sure got
rid of them they look as white as the driven snow!
Let alone amazing follow focus with a rangefinder camera.
Such shots are only ten times more difficult but as we see CAN BE DONE.
Someone forgot to tell you such stuff CAN NOT BE DONE with a tele on a
rangefinder camera. Proving my ongoing thesis "its always what you don't
think!".
Great therapy for everybody.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner