Subject: [Leica] Be's soccer game
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:13:37 -0700

JOhn Mason wrote:

http://cartersxrd.net/Site/Today/Entries/2010/3/12_Beths_Soccer_Team_Makes_it_Two_Straight.html

http://tinyurl.com/yb6px53

Great to see what can be done with a rangefinder.  Reminds me of sports
photography from before telephoto lenses became the standard for this sort
of thing.
=======================================

I was thinking the same, John (and Ric).  Kind of ideal in some ways.  The
90 becomes a 120 on the M8 and the framelines let you see what's going on
around the subject.  And because there's no mirror you can actually see the
moment of exposure.  What more could you want?  Assuming you don't need a
really long lens.

Of course I've never even seen an M8, let alone looked through one.  I guess
it's kind of like using the 135mm frame on the M6, no?  OK, that's not so
great. ;-)

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE