Subject: [Leica] Has anyone tried the new M9 firmware yet?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:40:03 +1000

Well it doesn't brick your camera if you follow the instructions ;-)
formatting cards is noticeably faster. Zooming previews is dramatically
faster. I never saw the red edge issue with my lenses so I can't comment on
that. The new ISO dependent vignette correction should be interesting. We
shall see if it works faster with my Extreme III SDHC cards soon.
Go to the German website for the listed improvements and instructions.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman