Subject: [Leica] A S2 blog entry - linguistic oddities
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:20:32 +0100

Hi Geoff,

Of course the slip is what people still call a petticoat in the UK too
(posh people sometimes say chemise), but imagine Frauke?s surprise when
she went into a lingerie store there and asked for some slips and didn't
get shown the knickers she wanted. Needless to say, she bought a pretty
slip too :-)

Yes, the Currywurst is an acquired taste and varies very much from city
to city, many books have been written about its origins and where the
best ones are to be found - for the uninitiated, the curry part of it is
usually a chilli ketchup poured hot over the grilled sausage and
sprinkled with something that calls itself curry powder.

But it's better than Lebanese pizza with rat (insider story).

Beamer only applies to digital projectors (and TV projectors), old slide
(on real film!) projectors are still called Diaprojektor.

Cheers
Douglas