Subject: [Leica] How To Photograph a Politician's Mistress
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:30:35 -0500

==On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Kyle Cassidy <kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu>
wrote:

> I wonder if they're putting this out to dampen the charges that she was
> blindsided by the photos. You can clearly see one of the black-shirted
> assistants showing her some of the digital images which are very similar
> to the one that GQ released.

That would be my guess.

I am curious about whether it is normal to video a shoot like this.
Speaking as a lawyer I can observe in this case it was a very good
idea.

> It does seem that while the photographer had several off camera
> assistants, I don't see that Ms. Hunter had anyone with her. A lawyer or
> publicist might have been a good idea.

Yes.

But although, as you point out, we don't see them, it is possible they
were there and off-camera.  Further, as I understand it she held
herself out to be a professional videographer and charged the campaign
for producing videos (remember, no snide remarks!) so she surely can't
plead total ignorance (I said no snickers!).

--Bob