Subject: [Leica] How To Photograph a Politician's Mistress
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:46:24 -0400

George sed:

>agreeing to a photo shoot for GQ
>(and signing a Release before the shoot;...
>sort of negate any potential post-shoot beefs?

I do agree. The photo I've seen from the GQ shoot looked an awful lot like
the video tape. It can't be that she didn't know what they were going to
look like - she's on the set, _wearing no pants_ and it's for _GQ_ -- it's
not like Jill Greeberg's malicious post-processing of John McCain. I haven't
read her complaints, so I'm only speculating, but from what I saw of that
video and the final shot, it looks like she knew what was going on. And like
someone else pointed out, she's not a political or media novice. And I don't
think the photos are unflattering at all. They're not racy, though they are
provocative, which is the sad thing -- the connotation of doing a photo
shoot like that is specifically to drag the John Edwards affair back into
the limelight -- which I expect GQ to do, it's their job -- but I think "No
I won't pose with no pants on, thanks for asking" is the appropriate
response out of respect for a former lover.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] How To Photograph a Politician's Mistress)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] How To Photograph a Politician's Mistress)