Subject: [Leica] Preserving Digital Information in Archives
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:53:32 -0400

Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

Personal audit challenge on the spot. From your last year, how many prints
made to archival standards stored in controlled conditions (or even at least
put away with some care) do you have right now everyone?
<<<

A dozen, maybe

If you have any, what percentage is it of the amount that you actually shot?
I certainly have a lot less than one percent, but I do have at least 3 to 4
copies of every digital image that I have shot (and not rejected for
faults) in assorted locations..
<<<

Similar percentage for me.  Brother and daughter have backup copies of
most, and I have a weekly backup copy of all stashed off-site.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application