Subject: [Leica] Preserving Digital Information in Archives
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:19:55 -0400

The contact sheet needs to make a comeback.  When I started scanning
film in the late 90's I would make a contact sheet in photoshop and
print it for record and review.  While they looked pretty crappy I
still found them both efficacious and enjoyable.  Of course in the
early 90's before film scanning I had AZO paper and a contact
printer.  Some of the contact sheets looked nicer then any of the
subsequent prints and are a real joy to peruse.  These days I bet you
can make a great contact sheet digitally and a decent print to
boot.  Might be worth the effort.
Chris