Subject: [Leica] Digital academia
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:14:57 -0400

"It will be interesting to see how long this cherished prejudice by the

academic community and writers against digital is allowed to continue."

Where did Luggers get the idea that the academic community is against
digital. I've been using digital storage since before the days of the floppy
disc (IBM cards, 8" discs, 5 1/4" discs 3.5" discs, 2" discs, hard discs,
CDs, DVDs, SS cards, etc.). Most professional academic journals require
papers (an anachronism) to be submitted via the internet. Art shows require
paintings to be juried on CDs. The internet itself was invented, via ARPA,
so that academic institutions could communicate electronically on government
related projects. Indeed, I was there at the invention of the pre-internet
(but not Al Gore) and if me and my colleagues has patented some of our
ideas, I would be writing this from my yacht anchored off Monte Carlo. Who
knew? My main objection to digital is that you can't read a CD in the
bathroom.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Digital academia)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Digital academia)