Subject: [Leica] judith....
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:46:40 -0400 (EDT)

Vince Passaro wrote:

>Steve I just read somewhere today -- on Wikipedia perhaps -- that there
>resides in the Leica Museum in Solms a Leicaflex SL and (I think) 35mm
>Elmarit that fell 25,000 feet out of a Phantom Jet -- 25000 feet! Like FOUR
>MILES -- and was deemed repairable by the Leica technicians. I do hope this
>is true, and that someday I will see it.

SL2 MOT with motor drive, 35mm Summicron-R (first version).  Not sure about
the elevation, or whether the desert where the camera landed (Mojave Desert)
was repairable.  Camera was still light-tight.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] judith....)