Subject: [Leica] HCB Wannabes
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 01:57:07 -0400

> "Doug Herr" <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> wrote
>> I believe part of the problem is that we have much better access to
>> information than in years past.  Child abduction and pedophilia are not
>> new; what's new is that with near-instant access to events in many parts
>> of the world we can now hear of many more incidents than in the past.  The
>> number or rate of these crimes may or may not have changed, but access to
>> information about them certainly has changed.
>>

> I agree. With the burst of publicity that now attends the revelation of
> such
> crimes, it's even likely that they've reduced in areas where press freedom
> rules. For instance, it's extremely likely those in dog collars are
> probably
> keeping their hands in their pockets a bit more than they used to.
>
> More of this type of discussion is available on the "LUG forum: for
> off-topic arguments" and arguments rage a-plenty there!
>
> Douglas
> _________
> Douglas Barry
> Bray, Co. Wicklow
> Republic of Ireland

Although freedom of speech and freedom of the press: the FIRST AMENDMENT if
you are here in the USA is not a periphery issue to those with a serious
interest in the pursuit of photography.
It's the bottom line.
There is no "we don't like this guy" or this fella is going to post kids on
the swing-set to a website" so the first amendment has to go this time. That
is way far out absurdity.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] HCB Wannabes)