Subject: [Leica] A question on LR v PS
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 09:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

I'm taking a workshop for 3 days beginning April 9th with Charlie Cramer (
http://charlescramer.com/index.html ). I, like many on this list, have found
LR much easier to use for cataloguing/grouping, good photo tools (gradients,
dodge/burn, color correction, web export, etc.) and it has been my primary
tool for photography.

Charlie has provided a workbook for "homework" prior to the workshop to
ensure the participants are at about the same level. I've been using his PS
techniques (lots of adjustment layers so far) to print for an upcoming show.

Bottom line, I find I can do things in PS that I could never do in LR.
Better local control, highlight/shadow adjustments, minor contrast
adjustments; just a whole lot more control.

So I'm pretty impressed with PS. Very much looking forward to the class as I
can't imaging having even more control.

Charlie gives a few workshops every year and, from what I've learned so far,
very much worthwhile.

Anyway, I'm liking both!
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA