Subject: [Leica] On-topic book: Gary Stochl "On City Streets"
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:42:06 +1030

Yesterday I received my copy of Gary Stochl's book "On City Streets".
This includes over 40 years of street photography of Chicago (on topic
- Stochl uses a Leica).  Stochl is very talented; the photos are more
gentle and observant than Robert Frank, less pretty than much of
Cartier-Bresson's work, but consistently show an amazing sense of
timing and appreciation of the people he lives among and the city
spaces they inhabit.  The book is small; the largest photos are
reproduced slightly larger than 5x7, but i'd really recommend it to
anyone who likes this style of photography.

Marty