Subject: [Leica] How healthy is street photography?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:55:58 +1030

It is not dying; it is just not as fashionable as it used to be.  If
you look at my post here: http://leica-users.org/v44/msg10139.html
you'll see it is healthy and that new amazing talent is being
uncovered or coming forth all the time.  Gary Stochl's work ranks with
some of the very best street photography there is.  As Mark points
out, street photography is often the province of the serious but
non-professional.  Stochl was almost 60 before he showed his work to
anyone.

Marty