Subject: [Leica] self portrait
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:54:17 -0400

I thought I'd try a self-portrait with my M8 and 35mm Summicron asph.
Here's the link:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/RJC+-+Is+that+so_.jpg.html

I've done this from time to time and just like listening to a recording of
your own voice, your appearance seems different somehow from your own mental
image of yourself.  Perhaps its being middle aged or just tired from less
sleep from business travel.  In any event, it's fun to take a look at
yourself from the camera's perspective.  Holding the camera for the picture
is part of the challenge.  This might be a nice project for members of the
LUG to show themselves.   I have been a member of the lug for at least 10
years but haven't participated as much as I'd like.  I have thought long and
hard about updating my M8 to an M9.  I prefer a full frame digital.  It
would be nice to use my Leica lenses as they were designed.

All the best,

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL