Subject: [Leica] Comments on 'Passageway"
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:02:54 -0400

I appreciate the critiques on "Passageway." When I printed the photo in B&W
for a photo show it looked better darker on paper. On my monitor, however,
it appeared too muddy so I lightened it and increased the contrast. Clearly
there is a difference between the computer screen and an actual print. The
picture well might have been oversharpened in XXL size. It was taken with a
Canon S500 P&S camera. The Canon is an exemplary camera but five megapixels
have to work hard to make a big image. But otherwise the little camera meets
many of my requirements. It is smaller than a pack or ordinary cigarettes,
takes a CF memory card, and, most important, has a decent optical
viewfinder. Too bad most pocket sized P&S cameras have deteriorated into
photographically enabled cosmetic compacts.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Passageway.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Passageway+B_amp_W.jpg.html

Larry Z