Subject: [Leica] R lens option for DSLR
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:45:58 -0500 (CDT)

While I love my R8/DMR, it is a heavy package (on par with the Nikon D3 and
Canon 1D series), a very big contrast to my M8 and lenses.  Of the two, the
R8/DMR images are better as far as color & white balance and dynamic range.
Because of the weight difference though, I do use the M8 more, especially
with WA lenses.  Focussing is also easier with the M8.  ;-)  I will also
make my vote for R lenses on R8/9/DMR cameras over using them on Nikon or
Canon DSLRs.

Gene