Subject: [Leica] [img] portrait without a face
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:06:14 -0400

2010-03-24-10:39:23 Kyle Cassidy:
> another portrait from this weekend in San Diego, hopefully representative
> of my style and pleasing to the subjects at the same time.
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/san-diego-spin.jpg
>
> What are your thoughts on a portrait that doesn't even show the faces of
> the subjects? is it still a portrait?

Absolutely, especially if it still manages to convey something
essential about the subject(s).

The above one of yours certainly seems to work.

And I think this one of mine gives a certain X. Ray Burns essence
without needing to see his face.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/4433915404/sizes/o/in/set-72157623621331640/

Mad clown love.