Subject: [Leica] IMG: S2 resolution
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 06:38:01 -0400

> http://www.ancientmoney.org/late_winter.html is a clickable image which
> will
> show a full resolution pop-up of any area of the photo.
>
> I should not have used ISO 1250, but did.  I could also have done better
> with
> DOF if I knew the optimum aperture of the lens and shut off autofocus.  I
> could
> easily confess more ignorance as I've been endowed with a surplus.
>

> John

 Most of the foreground and this is where you eye goes to first is out of
focus. Looks like you focused on infinity, the mountains in the background
are much sharper than anything else in the shot.. The mountain in the
background is sharp and the house just about looks ok. I'm talking about the
snow covered trees. Oddly fuzzy with the stop sing post looking sharpened.
Did you not sharpen the whole image but only sections?
You need to sharpen the whole image. Unsharp means sharp. Unsharp mask.
I think you have some leeway with medium format but sometimes starting out
in a new thing its hard not to get overwhelmed.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] IMG: S2 resolution)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr) ([Leica] IMG: S2 resolution)