Subject: [Leica] IMG: S2 resolution
From: john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 07:25:21 -0600

Rabs,

Thanks for the comments!  Probably good to add a few details.

This was walking along and taking a picture, everything automatic, ie.
nothing
set perfectly.  Only one shot.

Selective sharpening was not used.  The sign was a few feet away and the
mountain over a mile.  I can easily check that, it is across the street.

A Sinar on a tripod is easier to focus for a scene like this, it's got a DOF
calculator as you know, but everything else about using a Sinar would have
been
harder.

The pop-ups are like looking at a 75" wide print (assuming 100dpi monitor).
How
far away is your screen from your eye?

John