Subject: [Leica] IMG: S2 resolution
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:47:58 +0100 (CET)

 Philippe,

When I look at the image 36" away on a 30" monitor it's quite spectacular.

John

Exactly what I think, and saw,

I ALWAYS want the largest size my monitor can provide, but I also nearly
always roll the chair back for better viewing too.

An aside: I hate new (mostly) FF owners posting stamps with a request such
as, don't you think my camera or lens provide sharp pictures ... unless it
is a WA shot of course, which is another story.
An old friend of mine who bought a D700 last Saturday did exactly that  this
week.
Well, he was my friend until he got my answer I bet ... no news since ...

Great gear and photo IMHO
Enjoy, and ...
Keep them coming
Best
Philippe

philippe.amard at sfr.fr wrote:
>  How far away is your screen from your eye?
>
> John
>

> John,
>

> this is the best question ever put on the list since I joined the LUG.
> (and had popped to my mind, differently, while I was scrutinizing your
> artistically pleasing and technically excellent take with the S2).
>

> It is all about how viewers behold photographs,
> and similarly, how photogs think their photos should be viewed.
>

> Pixels peeping, and all historical, technical, artistic knowledge are void
> if there's a mismatch, any way, anyhow, IMHO.
>

> Thanks for putting it.

NO ARCHIVE

Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr) ([Leica] IMG: S2 resolution)