Subject: [Leica] How healthy is street photography?
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:52:08 -0500

I sense that there are fewer fans of street photography, but I cannot say
why. The Street Photography forum seemed to go from B&W film to color
digital about 7-8 years ago (when digital became completely usable), and the
division between street photography and other genres seems to have become
fuzzy as a result. Lluis's photos seem to still be squarely in the genre of
street photography. And I see less of this every day. Some of the street
photography adherents on the LUG seem to have drifted away, and some have
died. Steve LeHuray really lived and breathed street photography with a
Leica M that made Garry Winogrand's M4 seem "minty" (ebay term) by
comparison. Maybe the SPers are a dying breed. After last week's heated
discussion of about 100 posts on SP, I hope nobody was scared off.

I want to get back into Lluis mode soon.

Jeffery