Subject: [Leica] Downloading Files External HD with Aperture 2
From: csemetko at gmail.com (Craig Semetko)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:35:19 -0700

Hey All,

I'm on the road and getting overwhelmed with digital files, and
computer technology is not my strong point. I have a 500 GB lacie hard
drive with me, and I'm running a macbook pro with Aperture 2. The hard
drive on my computer is virtually full. Is there a way to download
digital files from my M9 directly onto the Lacie, bypassing my
computer's hard drive? Or do I have to download the files in Aperture,
then dump the files from Aperture onto the external drive?

The thing that makes me crazy about doing that is in Aperture, a
typical M9 file is 17.48mb; when I drop and drag them on the Lacie,
and subsequently open them from the Lacie in PS3, they are 12.9mb, at
72 resolution. To the technically challenged, this appears that by
simply dropping and dragging a file on to an external HD I'm losing
almost 5mb of information. Is this the case? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Downloading Files External HD with Aperture 2)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Downloading Files External HD with Aperture 2)