Subject: [Leica] Staten Island, the gem of New York
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:34:51 -0400

Vince writes:
"Actually the part of NYC that's closest to Philly is Staten Island and on

that, the less said the better."

Vince,

I can't believe you really mean that. I'll bet you have never been to Staten
Island. I lived there from 1963 through 1965. It was before the Verrazano
Bridge was built and the only connection to New York City was the Staten
Island ferry. Except for the built up area and the docks adjacent to New
York harbor it was quite pastoral with large green belt areas and parks. It
reminded me of a small town in the Midwest. My future in-laws had a home in
the central part of the island, surrounded by woods with a working farm just
down the narrow street. Of course the home also had no city sewer connection
and a backyard outhouse. But it was very quiet.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] Staten Island, the gem of New York)