Subject: [Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:56:55 -0700

Mark.. best for what kind of photography or image creation?  Is "best" a
relative term?

Usually the word "best" is a comparison of 2 or more.

Considering you have a choice of one technology only in your camera
selection, I guess the word "BEST"  could be considered applicable.

Let's try to get this grounded...... All the manufacturers are implementing
CMOS, so for the foreseeable ( by us consumers) future, it is what we must
learn to live with.  It is the BEST we have.

Note: I have no idea of what camera uses what kind of sensor technology, nor
do I care.  I have a Nikon D1x and a Leica M8.  I am satisfied because they
do what I want them to do.

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Yes but that's what best means. Best for the job at hand.
A sensor could be superior to CMOS but cost a million dollars it takes it
out of the conversation I think. Nobodies going to be using it except NASA
and the NSA.
But the best sensor for high end consumer and pro digital cameras would seem
to be CMOS at this point. As that's what they all are.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor)