Subject: [Leica] OT: Comparison b/n Canon EOS 5D and 5D Mark II
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:30:24 -0700

I also use both, and find the MkII a fair bit better, including all
the reasons Michiel  mentions. Also, I find Live View with its
magnified view extremely useful for tripod work, and especially with
tilt and shift lenses. Tilting a 17 or even 24mm lens is very hard to
do accurately without live view. With live view it's even easier than
on a 4x5 camera.

Vs. a 5D the MkII has two disadvantages: price and size of files. The
MkII can sometimes produce 40Mb RAW files.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com