Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cannabis
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:21:44 -0400 (EDT)

John Nebel wrote:

>Isn't California thinking of this and the growers are against it?
>
>Doug Herr wrote:
>> John Nebel wrote:
>>
>>> Sighted in town:
>>>
>>> http://photos.csd.net//cannabis_01.html
>>
>> Are you in California?

California has had a 'medical marijuana' law on the books for a few years.
99% of it is a farce.  To get a prescription you pay $250 for 15 minutes
with an MD who "specializes in herbal prescriptions", tell him what ails
you, and he writes the prescription.  Based on what wafts over the property
line nearly every evening, my next-door neighbor must be very sick.  The
"herbal prescriptionists" love it!  $1,000/hr, no insurance hassles,
essentially no overhead, all legal.

There has been a lot of discussion lately about legalizing and regulating
weed in the state.  Much of the incentive has been the potential tax
revenue, which the state is very short of.  Personally, I have no interest
in the stuff, but I don't see that it's the government's business what
people do to themselves.  Growers on the north coast (especially Humboldt
County, where growing weed is a big industry) are concerned that
legalization will cause prices to fall.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com