Subject: [Leica] They That Are Left
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:42:56 -0500

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Vince Passaro <passaro.vince at
gmail.com>wrote:

> The men -- I never knew any women who'd served -- the men of my father's
> generation NEVER TALKED about it. Never, and not a one.

Interesting; my father was a WW II vet as well as Korea and Viet Nam, and
two of my Uncles were WWII vets and another Korea, and I while I don't
recall it being the stuff of regular conversation, it never was off limits.

Louisiana School for the Arts, our next door neighbor is in the midst of a
documentary interviewing local WWII soldiers, airmen and sailors still
living in the area.  They have several interviews taped already.

I'm helping on that project with background photography from the Archives of
the Louisiana Collection here in the Cammie G. Henry Research Center.

Good work on your most valuable project Brian!

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com