Subject: [Leica] New Digital (?) Rangefinder Rumor
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 03:22:38 -0400

> Say that you prefer the results of the Canon D1xMk9 ( or whatever) over the
> Nikon D700V3 when used on a single display and a single program on your
> computer .and I can accept that.  You prefer that total system.
>
> Say that a CMOS sensor is not as good as or different to a CCD sensor is
> useless drivel-talk.

This is exactly how I feel about this issue, Frank I'm not sure how often we
agree on stuff.
We can know we like the results from one camera over another but what it is
in that camrea which is doing it would be presumptions on our part to say
that's the specific culprit. In this case the sensor itself.

Its like saying I like an Elmarit over a Tessar becaue we prefer couplets
over triplets. All of a sudden we are lens design experts privy to the
subtleties to what makes one lens better than another.
We don't buy one lens over another lens because its a Double-Gauss  Cooke
triplet over a .....?
We do so becaue we like the results in the specs in the reviews. Perhaps a
lens has an established reputation with many of the best shooters at a
certain point.

And we're not electro optical engineers who design digital cameras either.
We just have to read the reviews. Not claim we helped assemble the thing.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner