Subject: [Leica] Wartime experiences
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:49:32 -0400

Frank writes:
"My cousin bought a little Sony portable radio in the 60s with the money
earned on his paper round. My uncle smashed it to tiny pieces using his
hammer, and gave him the money..."
- - - - -
I am a Korean War vet and I absolutely refuse to buy anything made in North
Korea. Not that I have had much opportunity to buy North Korean goods. South
Korea is OK. My parents, who lost relatives in the holocaust were appalled
that I bought a German made Leica until I told them about the Leitz "Freedom
Train." However I still feel uneasy about visiting Germany. Emotional scars
last a long time.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Wartime experiences)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Wartime experiences)