Subject: [Leica] John's Birthday
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:35:50 +0800

>> A painting of his B-17 on fire returning from a raid on Berlin.
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Burning+B-17.JPG.html
>>

>> Larry Z

Larry,
I like the Lancaster John has painted flying under his burning B - 17.
My half brother, born in Seattle, came north to Vancouver to join the
RCAF 205 squadron. He flew Lancasters for the only Canadian
pathfinder squadron - the one leading the other bombers on to
the target - and lasted until February 1945 when he was shot down
over Stuttgart. He was 22 and is buried in the Commonwealth cemetery
at Durnbach 45 km south of Munich. I have visited there - it has great
fengshui,
carefully tended gardens and one of the gardeners drives a BMW.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] John's Birthday)