Subject: [Leica] Semana Santa (Holy Week)
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 07:59:07 -0500

Quoth the Nathan Wajsman :

> Lovely set, Lluis, really great use of light. This year I only went
> to see one procession, on Friday.

I've seen the procession in Quito and it's quite an experience.
Lluis's photographs are, as usual, superb and do it full justice.
Make me wish I'd been there to see it.

> Someone asked about the hats: a friend in Seville explained to me
> that faces are covered to symbolize that all are equal before God. I
> suspect that the KKK stole the design, just like the Nazis stole the
> swastika design from the Indians.

Well, no.  See, what very few people realize is that the KooKlucks
aren't actually wearing hats.

Those are skullcaps.

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Semana Santa (Holy Week))
Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Semana Santa (Holy Week))