Subject: [Leica] Image Samples [was Re: Shiny Screen iMac CalibrationQuestion]
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 12:58:02 -0400

> Mark - It's an interesting question and I don't know the answer.  The new
> monitors are said to have deeper blacks and higher dynamic range.  My
> experience seems to be the opposite of yours in that I can increase whites
> without loss of detail and many of my older shots really benefit when I do
> that.
>
> I haven't gotten enough comments back yet to reach any conclusion about how
> others are seeing them.  Thanks to those of you who have responded so far,
> BTW.
>
> Does the exposure and tonal range of the shots I posted look OK to you?
> That
> would at least confirm our mutual calibration.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

They looked pretty good. The shadows looked a tad dark but that could ahve
been how you wanted them to look. And could therefore look the same to you
as it does here to me.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Image Samples [was Re: Shiny Screen iMac CalibrationQuestion])