Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tugboat Caroline, New Orleans
From: zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 00:37:31 -0500

So a bit different from my wedding work. I sometimes have commercial
jobs and Canal Barge was one of the first paying jobs when we moved to
New Orleans. Lately they have been refurbishing their tugboats, so
when they are finally done I take some images for their records. Now
usually I have to do this in less than an hour cause these are hard
working folks and they do not like to be sitting in dock, since that
means they are not making any money. There's people running all around
the boat so you kind of just have to shoot what you can, not much time
to think about it. Hey, wait that's kind of like shooting weddings and
photographing the Dalai Lama!

This boat is a bit different, there is a female captain in charge,
something not seen too often down here on the river. Usually when
photographing the crew, they are not one for photos, they would rather
just work and get done what is needed instead of stopping for photos.
Well Kat's crew is not like this, it took just a few images to get
some emotions out of this crew, and they seemed to have a good time
with the shoot.

I deliver all color images to Canal Barge, I toned the images here for
my own collection. Nikon and Leica images. Enjoy.

http://zoeicaimages.com/TugboatCaroline/

Chris Williams
www.zoeicaimages.net
www.rebirthworkshops.com