Subject: [Leica] Equipment "Investment" (was M9's Available)
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:10:50 -0400

Mark

You like your lenses very fine but you've been buying your paintbrushes
broad as Hyundai Sonatas. I would guess there are at this moment about 25-30
regular chatters on the LUG and more than half of these are professionals or
very serious amateurs from what I can tell, and another quarter are just
below that, and only a few come even close to the type you describe. And not
that close either since the type you describe has every single attribute you
dislike whereas most of us only have one or two.

When you take a photograph you examine it on many many complex levels to
make sure it is adequately representing the truth about the world. You make
tiny adjustments to be sure. Truth demands such subtlety. Your verbal
descriptions of people, however, show you doing none of that work.

Although I'll grant you this: if I were on a discussion group of fellow
professional and near-professional writers (thank god we don't do that) with
some amateurs scattered about as well, ninety-five percent of them would
drive me insane. Their every notion about what writing is and what it
entails would be so inadequate that I'd constantly be through the roof. So I
sympathize.