Subject: [Leica] IMG: re: Advice wanted for carry camera.
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:41:52 -0400

Obviously we all march to different drummers. I want to thank everyone for
their suggestions for a carry camera. Please don't take this as a negative
comment but it's good to see that Luggers have such a unanimous
disagreement.  So the carry camera should be a Panasonic GH1, a Panasonic
GF1 or 2, an Olympus E-PL1, a Canon G11, a Leica X1, a Leica M8 or 9, a
Samsung NX10, or any of a half dozen yet to be released micro 4/3 or APC
models. Well, I'm glad that cleared everything up.

The critical optical viewfinder (for me) issue was discussed primarily by
suggesting that most viewfinders on digital cameras were virtually useless
except for those on the digital Ms, the lovely one on the GF1 and the extra
cost high resolution viewfinder for the E-PL1 which no one has yet used.

So I guess my dream digital camera does not yet exist. What I had hoped for
was more or less a digital CL. Compact, well made, with a decent viewfinder
and capable of mounting Leica lenses. Until that comes along or I can scrape
up a few bucks for one of the cameras in the above list,  I'll probably pick
up a refurbished Canon G11 from Amazon. I can always give it to my daughter
to take pictures of the kids. In the meantime, for quality pictures, I'll
buy a few rolls of Tri X and a pack of D-76 and try to remember how to load
the damn Nikkor reels.

In the meantime I'll just hang out like the guy in this picture. But I still
welcome any suggestions.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Hanging+out+in+Cold+Spring.JPG.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird) ([Leica] IMG: re: Advice wanted for carry camera.)