Subject: [Leica] OT: GH1, GF1 Adapters
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:17:12 -0700

>Just like Contarex, Canon EOS and Nikon G lenses, the aperture on
>Maxxum mount lenses is controlled  from the camera body. I don't
>believe you will be able to change it.
>
>I'd advise you to send the Sony lens back and get an old  manual
>focus macro Nikkor, Canon FD, Minolta MD or similar lens.
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "James Laird" <digiratidoc at gmail.com>

I have a reverse adapter for the Panasonic; it allows the reverse
mounting of the 14-45 zoom which happens to be an excellent macro
lens when thus used. The only thing is that before using it that way,
I have to have it mounted normally and set the lens to the aperture I
want to shoot with, stop it down with the dof preview button, and
dismount the lens while holding down that button.

The aperture then stays at the one set and I reverse mount the lens.
Focussing and shooting at the stopped down aperture causes no
problems on the Panasonic cameras, as the magnified focussing is
excellent and the LCD brightens automatically. The whole thing sounds
clumsier than it is in practice.

I can also use EOS lenses in this way, but that doesn't work as
smoothly since I have to have an EOS body around to stop down the
lens, and the stop down function isn't a button but a menu item. So
it's easier to set the camera manually at say a 1 sec exposure and
the aperture I want, hit the shutter button and take the lens off
while the shutter is open. Then I can put the EOS lens on the adapter
and on the Panasonic camera.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design