Subject: [Leica] M Lenses on GF-1
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:40:52 -0700

I've also been quite pleased with the use of M lenses on the GF-1 and
G1. The lens I tend to use mostly is the 50/1.4 ASPH; it balances
well and complements the 20/1.7 nicely. Occasionally I've used the
75/1.4 and 75/2 and even the 135's, but the 135/2.8 starts to look
stooopid on the GF-1, and since I have the 45-200 with IS, that is
usually the better choice.

What I do use quite a bit is the Leica Bellows II with various
lenses, including the 65 and the lensheads of the 135/4 Tele-Elmar as
well as more specialized macro lenses. These work quite well, and the
bellows unit is fairly compact and good handling for what it is.

With respect to the wider lenses, the smearing in the corners with M
focal lengths shorter than 35mm bothers me enough that I generally
don't use them. The CV 12, 15 and 21 all suffer from this a fair bit.
Also, I have the truly outstanding 7-14 so the wide angle options
aren't generally that appealing. It'll be interesting to see how the
new 9-18 Olympus collapsible lens performs as it will be a fair bit
less expensive than the Panasonic wide zoom and also a lot smaller
when collapsed.