Subject: [Leica] M Lenses on GF-1
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:14:56 -0400

Henning,

I'm big on ergonomics. I can tell pretty quickly whether or not I like
how something feels. The 50/1.4 on the GF-1 felt close to ideal. I envy
you and wish I had the ASPH version :-).

I haven't looked that much at the Micro Four Thirds lenses. The zooms
you mention sound interesting. Seems to me like manufactures may be
doing things with firmware to overcome limitations in optical design. So
going with a WA lens designed by the manufacturer for their Four Thirds
camera is probably the way to do. I'd wish Leica offered some lenses
specifically for Micro Four Thirds. Don't they made a 45 for Four
Thirds?

I'm so impressed with the micro Four Thirds format that I may even buy a
Olympus down the road. I like the idea of in-body IS. When I put the
finder in zoom mode for critical focus it becomes apparent that my hands
aren't as steady as they once were. I really notice it with the 50mm
lenses.

Dave R