Subject: [Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:40:11 -0400

> I've just finished properly reading this.  Their definition of bokeh
> aside, it is finally nice to see a clear explanation for the circular
> rendition of out of focus highlights (of which I was well aware) and
> about the texture you sometimes see in them (which I had not figured
> out).  Interesting and it further explains why the asph and aspherical
> lenses from Leica have some odd out-of-focus effects.
>
> Marty

That is a LUG legend. That the ASPH and aspherical
lenses from Leica have Bokeh issues.
I've found it no where else.
And in my direct experience its BS

It exists only to make people with less cutting edge modern optics feel
better about themselves.
They have "smooth results".
Its baloney unless "smooth" means lower resolution and contrast.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss)
Reply from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss)