Subject: [Leica] two questions for the LUGger expertise
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:02:41 -0500

I believe the folks who use the "Xmm is equivalent to a Ymm on 35mm"
use it because 35mm is the only reference they have in their experience.

Having used any given lens
on many different formats
tends to make me put more emphasis
on the size of the rectangle behind the lens
rather than putting emphasis on the misnomer of 25mm = 50mm on x format.

Of course discussing angle of view (or field of view - I guess)
of any given lens on any specific size rectangle
makes perfect sense.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com