Subject: [Leica] Chef, Alma, Wisconsin
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:25:18 -0500 (CDT)

Alan,

I think you're right about the three men.  I printed it full-frame,
but it would be better to crop it down to just the three of them.
On the chef picture, Vincent said:

"I just looked at the picture large, which I hadn't. It really is a
beauty.
And I disagree about blurring the background: I find the distinctive
items
there add much to the narrative and the colors are so distinct and rich.
His hands, his eyes, a great face, and the composition has a lot of
power
(the way the table corner cuts into his figure, etc)."

So he liked the bit of green chair in there.   C'est la vie.

Have you ever gotten up to Alma on the Mississippi?   It's a
delightful little town  -- there is just room for two streets between
the tall bluffs and the river.  There is a whole string of very nice
little towns on the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi, all dating
back to the 19th century.

Thanks for looking and for your comments,
Robert