Subject: [Leica] Chef, Alma, Wisconsin
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:31:21 -0400

i can actually defend the chair from a non-bit-of-color stand point. I
assume Alan means the chair in the foreground. But you'd lose so much of the
energy of his figure and you'd lose too the underlying suggestion of the
tight spaces in which such a large man has grown accustomed to working.
There is a sense of him being crowded in that works very well with who -- in
the portrait anyway -- he is. This is probably why the clarity of all the
details works for me, because I like reality as I find it as a general
principle and because this is a person whose large and energetic body has to
work out its kinetic destiny in small crowded spaces.

But as Sonny once said, I think too much.