Subject: [Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:43:30 -0400

> On Apr 15, 2010 at 04:20 PM -0400, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>> And a good script.
>> Its all about a good STORY.
>
> That goes without saying.
>
> Just for kicks, I googled "Sundance 5D" and found a trailer that is being
> shopped at Sundance.  It looked decent.  They had a behind the scenes shot
> of one of the camera operators with the 5D on a Steadicam.  I don't know
> for
> sure how much they cost, but depending on the model, $4-15k.  Without all
> the doodads like monitors etc.  That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.
>
> I've no doubt there will be a lot of innovative filmmakers who will turn
> out
> some wonderful stuff with this new tech.  I also have no doubt there will
> be
> a ton of wedding and other photographers who will strap a $100 mic to the
> top of their SLR, call themselves cinematographers, and turn out high
> definition crap with hard to hear sound, crappy lighting, poor scripts,
> etc.

I shot the Easter parade in 5th Ave this year the first time and there was a
guy with a huge tripod and huge bag o gear shooting with a 5D canon still
camrea only was shooting video. Which figured out from his tripod head.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Leica line of cine lenses!)